Friday, August 29, 2008

Focusing on Belgium

As I wrote in my last post, I have spent 3 days doing a  roadshow in Belgium last week. The topic of the trip was basically letting our partners know who their new points of contact would be from now on.

Since Sitecore has expanded and grown quite substantially lately, we needed to re-arrange our responsibilities.
Marc Schneider was the previous Channel Sales Manager for Germany and all of Benelux, but since we are opening an office in Holland in two weeks, Marc is now focusing on the German speaking countries exclusively. In fact, I am already booked for an onsite demo in Basel together with Marc on September 9th, but that is a different story.

So with Marc focusing on Germany, Switzerland and Austria - and Holland opening an office of their own, my colleague Sri Carlyle and myself are now focusing mainly on Belgium.

Personally I think that it is an exciting challenge. And since Marc has already done a tremendous job in Belgium and signed partners and customers, Our main task  is to pick up from that goundwork and continue the trend.

belgium

belgiumpartners Some headlines from our trip included meeting up with a good portion of our excisting partners in Brussels and Gent. This time around we met up with
LBi Group, The Reference and One Agency. Lbi is based out of Brussels mainly, while we met up with The Reference and One Agency in Gent. I have to say the centre of Gent is a very nice place with beautiful old houses. One was actually for sale, but i doubt my salary will cover a penthouse in central Gent. We also had a meeting with a prospect on our way between meeting our partners. Of course I can't announce who this was, but I do envy their location with a private lake and beach for the employees.

Next time we go to Belgium we will hopefully be meeting with our other excisting partners De Schutter Neroc and Delaware.

We also met the local CMS expert Christian Daems (CMS Channel) for lunch one day. Christian is a very nice guy that I look forward to meet again on his December event in Brussels. We will actually sponsor that event, but more info about all that once we get closer to December.

 

One last thing to say. Yes, the chocolate is good. Very very good.

No comments: